Thursday, June 25, 2009

Any Reason to Gamble

After we had the ultrasound, it became clear that we were no closer to understanding when Baby would be arriving. It was yet another thing that was so different compared to being pregnant with Corey. With him, I went to the doctor, told him my last period and was given a due date. Around four months-ish we had the one and only ultrasound, which moved the date back three weeks! I came as close to hyperventilating over that as I ever have, but ultimately, it was correct. Corey was due on July 4, 1993 and at 12:30 A.M. on the 4th, I went into labor. He was 24 minutes late, but seriously, he needed to have his own birthday.


Our next appointment with the OB was something out of a sitcom. I kept listening for the laugh track. He pulled out a calendar and started throwing out random dates. Some of them would have required my getting pregnant while on my period... and let me tell you, that did not happen. Eventually Doc settled on April 13, 2008.


Yeah, the age difference still shocks me, too. Here's what it looked like about two months ago:
We collected all of the potential due dates and mixed in the fact that we weren't finding out if "It" was a boy or a girl. Then we made a chart and started taking wagers. Five dollars got you a date and gender combination. Winner takes all. Forty-eight people wagered, but more on that later.

1 comment:

The Rambler said...

Chuckle.

I would have fainted had the doc told me I was really three weeks to fast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...