Friday, July 06, 2012

Ballet-Slippered Foot In Mouth

Madelyn, after making her vast selections for tonight's first tap and ballet class, to the clerk at the dance supply store, "Are you going to have a baby?"

Clerk, physically recoiling in shock but trying to laugh it off, "Um, no I'm not going to have a baby."

Me, "Mana, we never ask about a baby unless we already know there's a baby."

Mad, "Oh."

Me, to the clerk, "You do not look like you're going to have a baby."

Madelyn, "I have a baby in my belly."

4 comments:

Emms said...

I never cease to laugh out loud at your posts. Even in inappropriate settings. Like the bathroom at work. This was not one of those times, luckily I'm just chillen watching tv. Your kids are awesome.

Shan said...

I love knowing I inspire inappropriate laughter... it's my signature move!

Bossy Betty said...

Hey, Sugar! I have missed you! Loved this post. Things are nutty here, but I am hoping they calm down soon.eouppr

Anonymous said...

For a minute I thought that last sentence was you telling M that you had a baby in your tummy. I had to read it three times.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...