Saturday, July 28, 2012

Jerk

Tom became an uncle today.  His sister-in-law delivered a baby after five hours of pushing, and with forceps assistance.  My heart went out to her.

It happened that my mother-in-law was able to reach me and give me the news.  When Tom and I met back at home, I told him what I'd heard.  His remark?

"Well, she is so... you know, little."

"What does that have to do with it?"

"You know.  She's so petite."

Giving him the look that should clearly express, "I pushed both of your daughters out in a combined total of about 15 minutes.  Tread carefully."

Tom either did not read me correctly, or he is a complete and utter jackass.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Tom, Tom, Tom

Maybe we should give a class to our husbands on what to and not to say.

BTW - Congrats!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...