Monday, November 21, 2011

I Have Always Said...

Madelyn is smart.  Advanced.  Brilliant.

Now I'm being forced to take that back.

Madelyn... er... Mad-A-Girl... em... Mad... *sigh*... none of those work any more.

Oh no, not for my girl.  Try it and her initial response is a giggling, "Madelyn isn't Madelyn.  Madelyn is Bob Dole Rocket."

Did you know I call my daughter by her wrong name at least 15 times an hour?  Who knew?

Rocket is fairly tolerant about the whole thing.  I mean, it took her four whole days to go from laughingly reminding us to telling us through clenched teeth EACH AND EVERY SINGLE FREAKING TIME we slip up.

It's been a week and a day.  And now?

Now she hangs her head in forlorn dejection, clearly wondering if she was adopted or switched at birth.

She is pitiful and we are pathetic.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh thank you for the laugh. How did she come up with the name Rocket?? Any idea where that is from?

Emms said...

Ah ha ha ha. Rocket. I love it. I always knew she was my kinda girl. Give Rocket a big hug for me wink wink!

Anti-Supermom said...

Is she going through one of those horrible phases too, Wyatt's been going through that for the last, umm... three years :)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Shan!

Carmen said...

Rocket's an awesome name. I wonder how long she'll keep it up for.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...