Sunday, June 26, 2011

One Last Time

When Fynnie was born, she spent hours upon hours tied to my chest in her wrap.

I loved it.

She loved it.

Daddy loved it.

Some people were confused by it.  Can she breathe in there?  Yes.  Is she comfortable?  Yes.  Aren't you too hot?  No.

Although the instructions for use indicate the wrap is good for toddlers up to 35 pounds, everything I've read on wrap babywearing recommends 15-20 pounds, max.

Fynn's somewhere in the middle of that range.  We haven't used the wrap for a few months now because we have a soft structured carrier that is more appropriate.

But I miss the wrap days.  Woven into that fabric is the love between a mother and a daughter.  The comfort of going through life... not side by side, but together.

A week or so ago I spied it sitting on a chair.  It hasn't even been quite 11 months, but all of these memories flooded my vision.



I thought we'd give it one last shot.

Now it's time to fold it up and... put it away?  give it to a new mother?  use it to make a blanket?

I don't know.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I know that feeling all to well! I have a garage full of all my treasured baby stuff and I know we should get rid of it and move on but everytime I look at it I get all mushy and sentimental. Eventually I will be ready but for now I just keep it around. :)

Bossy Betty said...

I smiled all the way through this post!

mama to j and bean said...

Ooh. I love wrapping. So sweet and snuggly! I vote for selling your stretchy and buying a woven! Same great snuggles with more support - most are good up to 40 lbs. :)

JT said...

I know the feeling. I loved wearing her but now its too warm for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...