Thursday, July 15, 2010

Freaky Freecycler

Are you familiar with Freecycle? I began stalking my (quasi) local group a few months back before I resorted to Craigslist to get a dresser for the girls. I am still receiving the digest email each day. Here was one request that will be hard to beat: 


Hello, due to company dress code standards I will be forced to shave my beard in the near future. I am posting this in hopes that a past master of disguise may be a part of our Freecycle group and may be willing to part with an assortment of prosthetic beards. I am hoping for brown or lighter as long as the fibers are dye-able. Various styles would be desirable as I could interchange styles before and after shifts. Not only will a prosthetic beard allow me to keep my current or similar look, but the ability to alter my appearance at will may also lead me to pursue my lifelong dream of crime fighting. Please, prosthetic beards only, I do not need leftover shavings as I can produce those myself. Thank you.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That is HILARIOUS! I get the daily emails for our area too but I can't remember the last time I actually read one - and yes, I am too lazy to unsubscribe. However I will now have to start reading them!!!

Hank Greer said...

What, no Groucho glasses and nose to go with the beard? What kind of crime fighter is this guy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...