Thursday, July 29, 2010

If I Can't Sell It, I'll Keep Sittin' On It

The playlist is done.  Turns out the problems I had getting the player to work were with the player, not me.  I exchanged it and got it all set up before canceling my trial membership to Rhapsody.  All is good.  The general mood is relaxed and happy and loving.  Some 70's beach music (from my childhood), reggae (teenage years), rock and country (the rest of my life).  I did end up getting several great suggestions from friends and family.  One of my mom's longest-time friends sent me a list of about 60 songs and artists.  Okay, that was a little obsessive, but she and I have very similar music tastes (which is how she became my mom's longest-time friend, but not oldest friend).  There's no way I took all of her suggestions, but I did include a large percentage.  And sometimes one song led to another.


I included a few songs that Tom suggested (they weren't all bad after all), and a few that made me think of him, like Rainbow Connection (okay, so it's not this exact version, it's by Kenny Loggins).  Tom helped get Kermit the Frog elected at his high school.


His parents made some awesome suggestions.  I took most of them.  Here's one I probably wouldn't have included from anyone else, but it's just exactly the sort of thing his dad would recommend.  Perhaps it'll come at a time when I could use a good laugh.


Madelyn's friend, Lukie Luke, made quite a list.  From him I got a lovely version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, which is also one of Mad's favorites.  Corey is represented with Enya's Wild Child.  I have a little Ray Charles for my Wicked Stepmom. 


Almost every one I love is in this list of music somewhere, but it's not always because of their suggestions.  For example, my sister is a huge fan of Elvis.  She recommended "In the Ghetto," a beautiful song about a baby being born, growing up under bad conditions, turning into a thug and dying in a bloody heap on the street.  Yeah, no.  But thanks!


All in all, I have almost seven hours of music.  No telling how I'll feel when the playlist has to start over again.

3 comments:

Anti-Supermom said...

Shan, I hope that play list is in action soon, but not too soon, of course!

I've been thinking about you~

Rebecca said...

Rainbow Connection! YES! Great one!

Bossy Betty said...

Love the idea of a playlist and I hereby approve of all the selections on it. (Save the Elvis one if you need to make a PPD playlist.) (BAD joke!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...