Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dilemma

I am thinking about taking a couple weeks off before Fynn is born.  I left work three days before Mad's due date and I loved how great I felt.  I especially loved how great I felt compared to how lousy and completely unenergetic I felt on my first day off three weeks before Corey was due.  I never really regained my energy once I was off waiting for him.


If I stay at work, I will be stuck in the office for the first two weeks of August because my students won't be in class.  I am not an office person.


If I stay home I will be guaranteeing myself a 50 mile ride in labor.  I believe I can tolerate that, but the just thought of being off work early brings on a feeling of exhaustion.  On the upside, I'd have more time with Madelyn before Fynn is here. 


I just don't know which way is better for me.  Any suggestions?  I sought help elsewhere, but nothing so far.

3 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

Ohhh. That's a tough one. Believe it or not, I think I'd take the office. You'll be on total mom duty if you are home and you'll have lots of that when Fynn (or Lobver if today's WV strikes your fancy) arrives.

Paula said...

Take the time off!! Woman! I am lucky to be a stay-at-home mom (yet at times I wish I could escape)and I am thankful to have this time with my older critters before I pop knowing that I will soon be consumed with breast feeding, waking every 10 minutes to make sure baby is breathing (I still do that with Kenny and Felicia but have cut it down to just a few times a night LOL)....Sit down with
Madelyn and have her help you make decorations for baby....make her a calandar that shows when baby is coming...Kenny has one and he is better at telling me how far along I am than either hubby and I can remember.....teach her the things she needs to know so she can help take care of you and baby when you get home from the hospital. Explain what contractions are and have her help you time them. I am sure you have done some of these things already, but look at it this way, if you are suddenly home for a month AFTER baby, Mad won't feel as much as a part if the process as she could. I know she is young, but she is a girl (and we all know how smart chicks are)she will get an understanding and it will make her closer to baby in the long run. OK off my soapbox...thanks for the well wishes...I wish the same for you. I am off to finish up some nesting projects for baby comes tomorrow morning at 7!! Hugs!

Rebecca said...

Flip a coin to select one. If your initial response to the result puts you at ease, go with it. If you find that your initial response is negative in any way, go with the other option.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...